Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Jewelry Subject and Super Cuteness

Horseshoe Crab Necklace
My original plan had been to make a holiday horseshoe crab ornament but once I had sculpted it I realized it would make a fantastic necklace instead. I really like how it turned out and plan to make more.

I was also thinking of doing other ancient animals both living and extinct in a more realistic form like this. Say trilobites, scorpions, etc.

Since I'm not doign the holiday horseshoe crab ornament I needed to come up with a new idea. I'll be making a Christmas Coelocanth ornament in the next few days.

So now for the cuteness. My brother and his wife have welcomed their very first child into the world. Little Joshua was born on October 17 and is a healthy little guy weighing in at 6lbs 4 oz (not bad for 2 weeks early).

My New Nephew Joshua

1 comment:

millhill said...

That horseshoe crab is ...wow! I love your clay creations. congrats on the new nephew to play with as well!