Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Happy Cephalopod Appreciation Day

Today is the 2nd Annual International Cephalopod Awareness Day!

You all know how much I love cephalopods so I'm celebrating. So where has my obsession gone since last year? Well I'm still making Perma-Pets and now I have the Cuttlefish Jewelry to add to the mix as well as Ammonite Jewelry celebrating fossil cephalopods.

So since people ask on occasion why I like cuttlefish so much (everyone knows squid and octopus) here's a list of the cool things about cuttlefish:
  • Cuttlebones for buoyancy
  • Many species have amazing skin changing abilities
  • Some cuttlefish even hypnotize their prey with a flashing skin pattern
  • Green-blue blood
  • W-shaped pupils
  • Pfeffer's Flamboyant Cuttlefish's muscles contain a powerful toxin
More on Cuttlefish from Wikipedia

You can find my cephalopod art and jewelry both on my eCrater StoreEtsy Shop.

2 comments:

Femin Susan said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog. I wish I had a blog like yours. How where you able to cope such a lot. meet me at
http://www.veg-art.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation

Unknown said...

I don't sleep much and it helps that my art is my full time job,