Friday, February 15, 2008

Little Bit of Sewing

I was thinking yesterday that I wished I had some gift boxes to send out my jewelry in when people order but then I thought that would be a bit of a waste to use two boxes that are likely to be thrown away (the gift box and the shipping box) so I thought of fabric bags. Most people I think would keep it if not for the jewelry then to put change or little objects in.

So I broke out the sewing machine today to make up some little gift bags. I have a big box full of fabric odds and ends that I rarely use because most pieces are too small to do much with. Here are the first three test ones. It took me about 45 minutes to make them all but now that I have the process down I could churn them out pretty quickly.

So from now on anyone ordering one of my jewelry designs will be getting it in one of these cute little bags. Colors or course will depend on the fabric I have but I'll try to match it to the jewelry if I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea
nice bag i like it :D

Jaya said...

Yes, sweet little bags.
And I agree that some
people WOULD keep them.
I have several little
bags like those that I
have kept. And it's a
nice classy touch to
send out the items that
people order from you
in bags like those. I
would be both pleased
and impressed by that.