Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Playing with Squidoo

I discovered Squidoo a few months ago and I figured it would be a nice option to help drive a little more traffic to my website and this blog and it has.

However when I signed up and created my first lens I didn't really pay attention to the fact that you get paid based on the ads on your lens. Imagine my surprise when suddenly I log on one day and find out I had earned about a dollar. Now this isn't much I admit but if you think about it over time and if you have multiple lenses that money can add up. So I've started creating more lenses. Now being the type of person I am, I couldn't create anything spammy so aside from lenses displaying my artwork I've used it to create lenses that are sort of mini-tutorials with links to further help. I also used on one of them Squidoo's Amazon module to focus on books and DVDs on sculpting and found out that if someone buys from amazon going through your lens that you get a referral fee too. I'm a nearly starving artist, this is just a lot of fun to me.

So here are my lenses so far:

Polymer Clay Sculpting Tips and Techniques
Displaying your Artwork on YouTube
Photographing your Artwork
Fantasy Sculpture - Noadi's Art
Noadi's Art Fantasy Jewelry Designs
I Love Cephalopods

So if you need a little traffic boost to your website or blog you should definitely consider setting up a lens or two on Squidoo to help you out a little bit and maybe make a few bucks in the process.

No comments: